Thursday, February 3, 2011

"This world needs God, but it's easier to stand and watch"

As I was driving to class this morning, I heard a familiar song (link below) on the radio. The lyrics pierced my heart because I'm one of those people that is saddened by the state of our world, but does little to change it. This evening at Christian Challenge, a similar topic of being sold out for the glory of God was discussed. Once again I am challenged to, more or less, get over myself and let God be my one desire. As nice as this sounds, it seems to be such a long, painful process that has its high and lows. Today is one of those lows that God is revealing the lack of His presence in my daily living. Although I am convicted at the state of my heart, I am joyful that He is moving on my heart to draw nearer to Him.

"For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it."
Matthew 16:25

If you are a follower of Christ, I pray that you will be challenged with me and seek to make much of our Lord and Savior by making little of ourselves. His love for us is far too great to be masked by the love we have for ourselves.

"I Refuse" by Josh Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment